General Terms And Conditions:
This website is owned by the Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention (the ‘Charity’).
The Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales at Companies House under Registered No.6324356.
Registered with the Charity Commission under Registered Charity No.1122393.
Registered office: Pulborough Primary Care Centre, Spiro Close, Pulborough RH20 1FG
Your access to this website (the ‘Website’) is subject to the following terms and conditions which should be read carefully. Your use of this Website (including any registrations and donations made via the Website) constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you are dissatisfied with any of these terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Website.
The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time.
- The user of the Website (the ‘User’), whether an individual or an organisation, is entitled to use the information contained in the Website solely for their own personal, non-commercial use.
- The Charity owns the copyright to the material contained in the Website including information, documents, graphics and data (the ‘Material’), unless otherwise specifically indicated.
- If the User wishes to copy or transmit any Material to a third party the User must first obtain written permission from the Charity or, where applicable, from the respective copyright owners.
- The Website is intended to provide general information only. The information is not intended as a replacement for expert medical advice. The Charity recommends that any User who wishes to act on information contained in the Website should first seek advice from their GP or other appropriate professional about their own individual case.
- The Charity does not accept any liability to any person relating to the use of information contained in the Website.
- The Charity is not responsible for the content of third party websites. The existence of external links to third party websites, and the existence of external links from third party websites do not imply the Charity’s endorsement of the third party.
- The User agrees:
- To use the Website for lawful purposes only and abide by all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct when using the Website;
- To use the Website in a manner that does not infringe the rights of any third party or restrict the use and enjoyment of the Website by any third party;
- Not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or do anything that may interrupt or impair its functionality, including but not limited to introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- To indemnify the Charity harmless against all claims, liability, losses, damages and expenses including without limitation legal fees and costs incurred as a result of any claims made or litigation brought against the Charity as a result of the User’s use of the Website, the Material or any part thereof for whatever purpose.
- Access to the Website is on a temporary basis and the Charity reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Material on the website without notice. The Charity will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable.
- The Charity makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness and accuracy of the Material contained in the Website. All such Material is provided “AS IS” without warranty or condition of any kind. The Charity hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Material, including but not limited to all implied warranties or conditions of accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- The Charity shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, use, data or profits, because of the use or performance of the Website, whether arising under contract, statute, tort or otherwise.
- While the Charity makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website, the Charity does not warrant that this Website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or bugs. It is the User’s responsibility to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
- In the event that any of the above terms and conditions is held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected and shall continue to be enforceable.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. In the event that a dispute arises, the User shall consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Charity can be contacted at the following address for any complaints and enquiries: The Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention, Pulborough Primary Care Centre, Spiro Close, Pulborough, West Sussex RH20 1FG [email protected]
Terms And Conditions Of Sale:
The Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered with the Charity Commission under no.1122393. Registered office: Pulborough Primary Care Centre, Spiro Close, Pulborough RH20 1FG
These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to goods bought from our website only. They do not apply to goods purchased from our charity shops.
MAKING A PURCHASE When you’re ready to make your purchase you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete your order.
When you place an order online, we will send you an order confirmation by email. This confirmation indicates that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us.
PAYMENT AND CREDIT CARD SECURITY We accept all major credit and debit cards (with the exception of American Express). If you are shopping from overseas, when you place your order your credit card provider will convert the transaction to your own currency.
As you begin the checkout procedure you will be asked to fill in the billing address of the card you have chosen to pay with and your chosen delivery address. When you have confirmed both addresses, you will be required to enter your card details and from 14 September 2019 complete the Two Factor Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
Your card details will be processed by ClearAccept, which is an accredited payment service provider that will handle your credit card transaction in a highly secure environment. Your card will be debited immediately upon donation. At no time will your card details be stored by the Mary How Trust.
All prices are shown in UK Pounds Sterling and exclude delivery charges. The Mary How Trust is not registered for VAT.
AVAILABILITY The supply of goods from this website is subject to availability and it is not always possible for us to inform you at the time you place your order whether the goods you want are still available for purchase. In the event that we are unable to supply the goods you have ordered, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for them.
DESCRIPTION OF GOODS We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on our website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We reserve the right to refuse orders where product information has been mis-published, including prices and promotions.
DELIVERY We aim to process and send your order within 3 working days. Please note – we cannot hold orders for delivery on a specific date.
All orders are sent by 2nd Class delivery. If you would prefer to collect your goods in person please indicate this on the order form and email us or call us (01798-877640) to arrange a suitable time. For event tickets you may collect these on the door or print them.
Please note that orders shipped overseas may be subject to custom duties, and these are not included in the purchase price. As the buyer, you are responsible for these charges. We have no control over them and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. If you would like further information before you place your order, please contact your local customs office.
RETURNS – GOODS PURCHASED FROM OUR WEBSITE We offer a 21-day returns policy for goods bought from our website, which begins from the date you received the goods. If you contact us outside of the 21-day period we will not refund the order.
We will only accept the return of goods if they are unused and returned in the original packaging and in a re-saleable condition. This does not affect your statutory rights. For more information on your statutory rights please visit Citizen’s Advice Consumer Helpline
When you return your item to us we will process the return and offer you the choice of a replacement or a refund. If you request a replacement item, this will be subject to delivery charges. If you request a refund, we will refund the full price of the goods excluding any delivery charges within 8-14 days.
If you are returning an item because it is faulty or because of an error on our part, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. You must inform us that the item is faulty within 10 days of receipt of the item.
No orders for Christmas cards or Christmas puddings placed after 26 December can be exchanged for an alternative item. However, we are still happy to offer a full refund, excluding delivery charges, if goods are returned with 21 days of receipt of the order.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You will receive notification by email of your refund. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase.
RETURNS – EVENT TICKETS Refunds: Event tickets cannot be refunded. However, tickets for our Mary How Trust Film Society may be exchanged (see below).
Resales: If an event is sold out, we can accept tickets for resale. However, we do not guarantee that tickets can be sold and we reserve the right to sell other seats before resales. If successful, we will arrange a refund for the face value of the ticket minus a 10% handling charge. It is not possible to exchange other tickets for tickets being offered for resale.
Exchanges: Tickets for our Mary How Trust Film Society may be exchanged for the following month’s film, on condition that we receive the tickets at least 48 hours before the original screening (7 days for group bookings). An exchange fee of £1 per ticket will be charged. Please note that it is not possible to exchange other tickets for tickets being offered for resale.
To arrange an exchange of Film Society tickets, please email us at [email protected] or call on 01798-877640. Tickets must be returned to the Mary How Trust, Pulborough Primary Care Centre, Spiro Close, Pulborough RH20 1FG before the exchange of tickets can take place.
MAKING A DONATION We are grateful to everyone who donates to support our health screening service. When you make your donation, your card details will be processed by Paysafe, which is an accredited payment service provider that will handle your credit card transaction in a highly secure environment. At no time will your card details be stored by the Mary How Trust.
When you make a donation online, we will send you an acknowledgement of your gift by email.
Please note that all donations are non-refundable.
GIFT AID: If you are a UK taxpayer, please tick the Gift Aid declaration when you make your donation. We can claim an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue for every £1 you donate – at no extra cost to you.
To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in UK income tax or capital gains tax must at least equal the amount that the Mary How trust, and any other charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs you have made donations to, will claim in the current tax year.
We will hold and process your information in accordance with HMRC requirements.
If your circumstances change in the future and you no longer pay UK tax, you can cancel the Gift Aid declaration at any time by notifying us. Please also tell us if you change your name or address.
Please note: if you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.
CONTACTING US We can be contacted at the following address for any complaints and enquiries:
The Mary How Trust for Cancer Prevention Pulborough Primary Care Centre Spiro Close Pulborough West Sussex RH20 1FG [email protected]
These terms and conditions of sale shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Thank you for purchasing goods or donating at our website. Your support will help us to give people from all walks of life a healthier future.